Apple Pie Bubble Up – hmmmm!! It has been a long time since I posted a recipe so I think it is time to post one. I am a huge fan of Pinterest. I am not a big fan taking a long time to cook and bake these days. I did that when the kids were young but now that there are only the two of us, I just want to make things that are easy and taste good.
Last fall, I was looking for an easy dessert recipe to make because we were expecting company. Naturally, I turned to Pinterest. One of the first recipes that I found that day (you never know what you may find on the home page) was a recipe for Apple Pie Bubble Up. I have made other bubble up recipes and know that they are easy to do so I followed the pin to the site, Plain Chicken. I have been following this site for years but somehow had missed the recipe when she posted it. I knew that if she said it was good, I was going to give it a try. This recipe did not disappoint. When I made it, I was unsure of the butterscotch chips but they were really good. Of course, if you don’t like butterscotch, just leave them out. Serve warm with ice cream. Yummy! Have I mentioned that I LOVE Pinterest?!
- 1 (12-oz) can refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Jr biscuits (10 count)
- 1 (21-oz) can apple pie filling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- *I added about ¾ c of walnuts to mine but they are optional.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine apple pie filling, cinnamon and butterscotch chips. Using a spatula, chop up apple slices into bite-sized pieces. Cut biscuits into 4 pieces. Stir into apple mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over baked casserole.